Reverse Osmosis Plus Alkaline
UNDER COUNTER DRINKING WATER SYSTEM
How It Works
1. The first stage your water filters through is a 5 micron pre sediment filter. This filter helps protect your new Reverse Osmosis (RO) system from the damaging effects of sediment (dirt and debris) build up, which can also change the taste of your drinking water. The pre-filter system filters out particles as small as 5 microns in size and filters down to 20 times smaller than the diameter of a human hair.
2. Your water then filters through a 5 Micron Carbon Block Filter, which is made from coconut shell carbon creating cleaner, better tasting water. Because of the unique pore structure of this carbon, it is well-suited for Chlorine and chemical adsorption, including VOCs, TOCs, pesticides, and other contaminents reducing chlorine and chemicals that contribute to taste and odor. This filter also provides particulate filtration and extended life as a fine sediment filter. This solid carbon block filter meets NSF/ANSI Standard 53, Turbidity Reduction.
3. The next filtration stage is the 100 GPD membrane, which is certified to NSF/ANSI 58 for the reduction of Arsenic, Barium, Cadmium, Chromium (Hexavalent), Chromium (Trivalent), Copper, Turbidity, Fluoride, Lead, Radium 226/228, Selenium, and TDS.
4. Your water is then filtered through an enhanced carbon filter. Chlorine does not adhere to carbon, instead it creates a chemical reaction that alters the chlorine molecules, converting them into a chloride. Many water treatment plants use chloramine to disinfect water because it’s a stable compound and does not dissipate like chlorine or create by-products like trihalomethane. However, chloramine makes water taste and smell bad. Chloramines are more difficult to remove than chlorine, so enhanced carbon is used. When chloramine hits the carbon filter, the carbon breaks the ammonia from the chlorine and turns it into chloride.
5. Lastly, your water flows through a post alkalinity additive filter, adding calcium carbonate and magnesium oxide. This filter has an adjustable valve to blend for your desired pH level and a digital pH tester. pH can vary from neutral 7.0 to high alkalinity of 9.5+. We recommend the 7.0-8.5 level.
6. Your water then exits the Reverse Osmosis (RO) filtration system at a 1:1 product rejection ratio, which means for every clean gallon of water the filters produces, it only discharges 1 gallon of water. Many Reverse Osmosis systems waste 5+ gallons of water for every clean gallon produced. This is one of the most “green” RO systems on the market and the reason we call it the RO Water Saver.
CLEAN DRINKING WATER
- Reverse Osmosis filters the most contaminates. Reduces lead, pharmaceuticals, sodium, sulfate, mercury, lead, arsenic, flouride, chloride and other heavy metals in your water.
- RO processes remove bacteria, other types of microorganisms, minerals and impurities, which results in many people report better-tasting food. The minerals and chemicals in untreated water can actually alter your food’s taste when you use that water to cook. While boiling kills bacteria in the water, other contaminants stay put.
- RO filters remove sodium from the water. Lowering sodium intake will help reduce the risk of high blood pressure, kidney issues, and liver disease.
- Removes chlorine and chloramine, which will improve the taste, odor and appearance of your water.
- Protects you and your family from consuming, carcinogenic (cancer- causing) pollutants while cooking and drinking.
- These systems use substantially less energy than other ways to filter water. It’s also important to note that the reverse osmosis process does not require thermal energy, and instead, relies on high-pressure pumps. This means that it doesn’t require access to a power supply, it just needs water pressure.
- Save water for the environment with our systems. Our RO systems are a 1:1 discharge ratio, which means for every clean gallon produce it only waste 1 gallon. Other RO systems on the market waste 5 gallons or more for every clean gallon produced.
- Eliminates the need for expensive plastic bottles of water, which helps the planet.
- Eliminate excess waste in our landfills. Our systems have upgraded filters, which only require a filter change roughly every 2 years. Other filters require filter changes every 3-6 months.
SAVES YOU MONEY
- Eliminate the need for expensive bottled water. The bottled water industry is notorious for lack of regulation, because the FDA does not require bottled water companies to disclose to consumers where the water came from, how it has been treated or what contaminants it contains.
- Less water waste than typical RO systems. Our RO systems are a 1:1 discharge ratio, which means for every clean gallon produce it only waste 1 gallon. Other RO systems on the market waste 5 gallons or more for every clean gallon produced.
- Prevents damage to your home’s plumbing, appliances, surfaces, and fixtures caused by corrosive chlorine and chloramine.
- Spend less money on maintenance. Our systems have upgraded filters, which only require a filter change roughly every 2 years. Other filters require filter changes every 3-6 months.