1. Your water flows in an upward direction into the inlet pipe. This keeps the filter media constantly moving and not packing down, collecting dirt or channeling.
2. Your water then passes through a spring check valve creating a slight pressure drop. This pressure drop initiates the formation of hardness crystals.
3. These crystals then pass through a catalytic surface, which greatly multiplies the crystals. Catalytic Conversion is a new advancement in water filtration technology that is used to treat water hardness and scale without the use of salt. Unlike traditional water softeners which use ion-exchange to remove calcium and magnesium, salt-free catalytic conversion systems treat the water by changing the properties of these hardness minerals without removing them. When hard water comes into contact with the surface of the catalytic media, calcium and magnesium become attached to the ceramic granules and are converted into a scale resistant crystalline form which has difficulty attaching to hard surfaces.
4. The multitude of hardness crystals pass through a strong magnetic field which serves to hold the hardness crystals in suspension for a period of up to 72 hours.
5. These crystals then pass through another catalytic, further multiplying the calcium hardness crystals.
6. The multitude of hardness crystals pass through a second strong magnetic field which serves to hold the hardness crystals in suspension for a period of up to 72 hours.
7. Your water is filtered through an element / media called Kinetic Degradation Fluxion or KDF. The KDF redox process works by exchanging electrons with contaminants. This give and take process converts many contaminants into harmless components. Chlorine, iron, magnesium, chromium, hydrogen sulfide and heavy metals such as lead and mercury are reduce. Growth of microbial contaminants, such as algae, bacteria and fungi are inhibited.
8. Your water then flows through the final stage, which is a 4x20 post filters containing either an enhanced carbon filter (further aids in removal of chlorine and chloramines) or a poly filter (further aids in the prevention of scale formation.)
9. Lastly, the water exits the filter and enters your home or business providing you with clean, healthy and drinkable water.